Analogs "Verapamil": a list of drugs, reviews. "Verapamil": indications, instructions for use
Currently on sale there are many drugs for various diseases. But it is often difficult for ordinary people without special education to choose the necessary means. In diseases of the heart and blood vessels, doctors very often prescribe patients a drug called Verapamil, which is a calcium channel blocker. This drug has antiarrhythmic, antianginal and antihypertensive functions.
Before you buy and use "Verapamil", you should explore all its features, as well as know what analogs of "Verapamil" exist.
This drug belongs to the antianginal and antiarrhythmic group of drugs.The action of "Verapamil" is aimed at reducing the load on the heart and slowing the pulse. It reduces the need for myocardial oxygen, improves peripheral hemodynamics, creates conditions for the expansion of coronary vessels, increases coronary blood flow. The instructions for use indicated that the product is released only by prescription of the attending physician. This medicine is prescribed for a variety of disorders in the work of the vessels, as well as for certain types of arrhythmias.
The composition of the drug and the release form
Available "Verapamil" in the form of tablets that are film coated. They have a dosage of 40 and 80 mg. In one package is placed on 10 or 50 tablets with the instruction. In addition, Verapamil is also available in the form of a solution for intravenous use.
The main active ingredient of the drug is verapamil hydrochloride. Auxiliary components include starch, purified talc, disubstituted calcium phosphate, magnesium stearate, butyl hydroxyanisol, titanium dioxide, indigo carmine, gelatin, methyl paraben, hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose.
Thanks to the natriuretic and diuretic effect of the drug, a hypotensive effect is achieved.Moreover, Verapamil has a positive effect on the cardiac system, promotes vasodilation, reduces afterload, acts as a depressant for sinoatrial and atrioventricular conduction.
The ability to fully absorb the drug is 95%. The bond of plasma proteins and the main component can be up to 90%. A couple of hours after the use of the drug, its concentration reaches its maximum in the plasma.
Excretion of "Verapamil" occurs directly through the kidneys. It can occur both as 70% of metabolites, and in pure form (about 3-4%). Up to 25% of the funds are excreted in the bile.
The drug is available in various forms: capsules, ampoules for injection, intravenous solution, pills, tablets.
Verapamil is a calcium channel blocker with antianginal, antiarrhythmic and antihypertensive functions. By reducing the contractility of the rhythm of the heart, it reduces the need for myocardial oxygen. The drug acts in such a way that there is expansion of the coronary vessels of the heart and increased coronary blood flow.In addition, there is a decrease in total vascular resistance and peripheral arterial tone.
Another drug is chosen in the presence of vasospastic angina. Also quite a visible effect "Verapamil" has in the treatment of other types of angina. This remedy inhibits platelet sticking. Not addictive.
When taking tablets, the active substance is absorbed more than 90% of the accepted dose. Being in the liver, verapamil undergoes metabolism. The main metabolite of the drug is norverapamil. Its hypotensive activity is less pronounced than that of verapamil.
"Verapamil" - indications for use
Asking about which diseases you need to take Verapamil, whether or not it is possible with tachycardia, you should carefully study the instructions for use.
"Verapamil" - indications:
- Hypertensive crisis.
- Atrial and sinus tachycardia.
- Angina pectoris
- Primary hypertension.
- Arterial hypertension.
- Supraventricular extrasystole.
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
- Vasospastic angina.
- Cardiac ischemia.
- Atrial tachyarrhythmia.
- Atrial fibrillation.
- Angina pressure.
- Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia.
The tool is used for:
- Warnings and therapies for heart rhythm pathologies.
- Stress Angina Therapy.
- Therapy of arterial hypertension.
Verapamil has the following number of contraindications:
- Bradycardia in severe form.
- Sinoatrial blockade.
- Heart failure in acute form.
- 2nd and 3rd degree of atrioventricular block.
- Cardiogenic shock.
- Children under 18 years old.
- Sick sinus syndrome.
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome.
- Morgagni-Adams-Stokes syndrome.
- Hypersensitivity to the main or auxiliary substances of the drug.
"Verapamil": instructions and dosage of medication
The drug "Verapamil" should be taken during or after a meal, squeezed water. Depending on the characteristics of the course and the severity of the disease, as well as the patient's condition and the effectiveness of therapy, the individual duration of treatment and dosing regimen are established. Is it given at the pharmacy "Verapamil" prescription or not? The drug is usually prescribed strictly by prescription.Adults are prescribed 40-80 mg 3 times a day for the treatment of hypertension and the prevention of arrhythmias and angina pectoris. An increase in a single dose produce up to 100-150 mg, if necessary. 480 mg of this drug is the maximum daily dose. As a rule, treatment of patients with liver pathologies begins with minimal doses, since they have a delayed elimination of verapamil from the body. At the same time, an increase in the daily dose of the drug over 120 mg is not allowed.
Side effects of the drug
The instructions of Verapamil indicate that the following symptoms are related to side effects:
- Nausea, vomiting.
- Severe bradycardia.
- Red face.
- Headache and dizziness.
- Increased fatigue or nervous irritability.
- Allergic reactions in the form of itching and skin rash.
- Peripheral edema.
Too large doses of the drug (up to 6 g) can cause the following symptoms:
Calcium gluconate, dopamine, norepinephrine or isoproterenol is administered intravenously to treat an AV blockade or arterial hypotension. The treatment is due to the clinical picture of overdose and is symptomatic.
Use during pregnancy
It is recommended to use this drug in pregnant women in the following cases:
- In ischemic heart disease.
- Risk of preterm delivery. In this case, the application must be complex.
- Placental insufficiency.
- Prevention and treatment of arrhythmias.
- Angina pectoris
- Hypertension and hypertensive crisis.
- Idiopathic hypertrophic subaerial stenosis.
- Blocking the side effect of remedies that increase the heart rhythm.
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
During pregnancy, the drug is prescribed at a dosage of 40-80 mg, 3 times a day. It is not recommended to increase the dose. In the first trimester, admission can only be carried out according to the strict indications of the attending physician. It is desirable to use "Verapamil" from the 20th week of pregnancy. One or two months before delivery, you must stop taking this drug.
Special instructions for use of the drug
Constant monitoring of the functions of the heart, respiratory system and blood vessels during the period of use of Verapamil is necessary.
"Verapamil" is prescribed with extreme caution for the following violations:
- Apparent disruption of the liver.The maximum dose may not exceed 120 mg.
- Chronic heart failure in the initial stages.
- First degree atrioventricular block.
Interaction with other drugs:
- Increased risk of bleeding due to a combination of "Verapamil" with acetylsalicylic acid.
- The anti-hypertensive effect of "Verapamil" is enhanced while taking it with antihypertensive drugs and diuretics.
- Strengthening of neurotoxic action occurs when combined with the means of lithium or carbamazepine.
- Strengthening action when combined with muscle relaxants.
- Together with digoxin, there is an increase in its concentration in the plasma and a deterioration in kidney excretion, since the plasma level of digoxin must be regularly monitored.
- Increase the possibility of severe hypotension when using "Verapamil" in combination with quinidine, since there is an increase in its concentration in plasma.
- The plasma concentration of verapamil is increased with ranitidine and cimetidine.
- In combination with antiarrhythmic drugs, with β-blockers, inhaled anesthetics, the cardiotoxic effect is enhanced,which manifests itself in the form of atrioventricular block, heart failure, a decrease in heart rate and blood pressure.
- The combination of "Verapamil" with "Theophylline", "Prazosin" or "Cyclosporine" increases their plasma concentration.
- Ripampicin and phenobarbital reduce the therapeutic effect and plasma concentration of verapamil.
Terms and terms of storage of the drug
Shelf life "Verapamil" is three years. This drug should be stored in a place protected from direct sunlight and moisture, and also inaccessible to children. The storage temperature of the drug should not exceed 25 degrees. Do not use the tablets after the expiration date, which is listed on the package.
Analogs of the drug "Verapamil"
As is known, the main action of Verapamil Mivala is the treatment and prevention of diseases such as arrhythmias, strokes and hypertension. According to this, currently in the pharmaceutical industry there are a large number of various analogues of "Verapamil" tablets:
The feedback on these drugs is mostly positive. Some people ask the following question, which is better than verapamil or bisoprolol? There is no unequivocal answer to this question, since any similar drug has a similar therapeutic effect. "Verapamil" or "metoprolol"? In order to decide which drug will be most effective for treatment, it is necessary to consult with your doctor.
Another of the most popular analogues of "Verapamil" are tablets "Lekoptin". What are they from? This drug is prescribed to receive sinus tachycardia, angina pectoris, hypertension, atrial flutter, supraventricular tachycardia, hypertensive crisis, atrial extrasystole.
The widespread use of "Verapamil" in addition to its therapeutic efficacy is also due to its relatively low cost. Depending on the manufacturer and the number of pills, the price of the medicine is:
- Prolonged tablets of 240 mg - from 150 rubles per pack.
- Ampoules of 0.25% 2 ml - from 45 rubles per pack.
- 40 mg tablets - from 35 rubles.
- 80 mg tablets - from 50 rubles.
You can purchase this drug at pharmacies that sell pharmaceutical products, as well as on certain Internet sites. Choose the option that most meets the necessary requirements for the drug, allow online pharmacies. They help to compare different offers from manufacturers.
Reviews of patients and doctors
According to doctors, the main advantages of "Verapamil" include:
- A wide range of preventive and therapeutic action.
- Various options for the form of the drug.
- Pronounced antiarrhythmic, hypotensive and antianginal effect of the drug.
- The possibility of prescribing conventional dosages and tablets with a prolonged effect.
Patients who have completed the course of Verapamil, note the following benefits of this drug:
- Available and clear instructions for use.
- Acceptable low cost funds.
- Ease of taking medication.
- The remedy is available strictly according to the prescription of the doctor, therefore its uncontrolled intake is reduced to a minimum.
- Subject to the recommendations of the attending physician, there are no side effects.
So, the drug "Verapamil" and analogues have many useful therapeutic properties that are aimed at the treatment of cardiac arrhythmia, arterial hypertension and various types of angina pectoris. However, before use, it is necessary to consult a doctor and be examined, due to the fact that these drugs have a fairly wide list of side effects and contraindications.