How do I disassemble the cartridge?
Watch the video
Disassembly of the printer cartridge may be required for a variety of reasons. Let's consider in detail how to disassemble the cartridge by oneself, using the Canon brand as an example.
Disassembly instructions for the cartridge
To disassemble the cartridge, you will need an awl, nippers and a Phillips screwdriver. Prepare everything you need to work and proceed further according to this instruction.
- Pull the cartridge out of the printer, and then slide it outthe protective panel on its drum. After that you will see a small spring. Carefully inspect it and remember the location, as if later you will not install it correctly, then there is a risk of failure of important cartridge parts and its serious damage.
- Pry the spring using a screwdriver, gently pull it out and set it aside.
- Remove the drum cover. To do this, take a screwdriver and unscrew the two screws located on the sides of the cover. After that, start to carefully remove this part. In the course of this, it is important not to make sudden movements, as they can lead to a violation of the integrity of the cartridge.
- Now use a screwdriver to liftdrum, and then take it with your hands and start to gradually pull out of the cartridge. It is important to be extremely cautious and attentive here, because the drum is an important detail that stabilizes the cartridge and is responsible for its correct operation.
- Then you will see a pin and a coroton in front of you. They will need to be carefully pulled out with an awl.
- Then you will see the bunker - it is in itink is poured. Then you can fill it with paint if it is required. If you need to replace some elements, then produce it. Then, assemble the cartridge in the reverse order in accordance with this instruction.