How to connect TV to the Internet?
Watch the video
As is known, technological progress is notplace, and if a few years ago to access the Internet it was necessary to have a computer, then to this day, the TVs with the Smart TV function are doing just fine. Let's figure out how to connect TV to the Internet.
Connect the Internet through a wireless connection WI-FI
First of all, we purchase a WI-FI router andmake sure you have a wireless network adapter. Often there are times when, during the purchase of a TV, most buyers do not attach due importance to the presence or absence of this adapter and begin to panic without finding it. But as practice shows, the problem is simply solved by purchasing an external USB adapter that is compatible with your TV.
Next, we check if the router is configured to go online, because quite often the main problem that prevents the wireless connection is the wrongly configured router.
Configuring the router
- Turn on the TV and go to its settings. To do this, click on the "Menu", in the opened window select "Network" and go to "Network settings".
- Then skip the opened menu by clicking the "Next" line. There are several ways to configure a wireless connection.
- We click on the line "Wireless" and in the opened window select the network to which you want to connect.
- Select it and click "Continue" and enter the password of the network in the password input window.
- As a rule, all models of the TV setautodetection of network parameters. In this case, we wait for some time and receive a notification on the screen stating that the Internet connection settings were successful. If this does not happen, then configure them manually.
- To do this, go to the "IP settings" section, click on the manual mode and enter the network data into free fields.
This method will significantly shorten the timeconnection, because it does not require the input of settings manually. But, as elsewhere, for convenience you have to pay. And this is expressed in the presence of your router support for WPS technology. If this is the case, then you just have to select in the WPS selection window and click "Continue".
After that, within three minutes, a notification will appear on the screen, indicating a successful connection to the Internet.
This method is distinguished by its originality and reliability. It is in the use of technology One Foot Connection.
- Make sure that shefully supported by your router. We perform all the points described above until the moment of network connection selection and we stop our selection for "One Foot Connection".
- After that, click "Continue" and install the router at a distance of at least 25 cm from the TV and we expect confirmation and that the connection is established.
This method consists in the use of Plug & Access technology. But again you need to make sure that the router supports it.
- After that, take the USB flash drive, preformatting it, and insert it into the router.
- Then carefully observe the indicator and only after it stops blinking, we take out the flash drive.
- Next, insert the same flash drive into the TV andWe are waiting for the wireless connection to be completed. As shown by numerous reviews, this method is not only the safest, but also the simplest, as it does not require any special knowledge.
Connect the Internet with a network cable
Typically, most usersthey choose to connect to the Internet via a network cable, since such a connection not only provides the most reliable communication, but also helps to avoid such negative moments as breaks or hangs.
- First of all, we buy a router, having previously specified that it is fully configured to enter the worldwide network.
- Next, we connect the TV to an earlier tunedrouter. This is as follows: the network cable is plugged into the WAN port of the router. Then, plug one end of the twisted pair into the LAN port of the router, and the other end into the Ethernet port of the TV.
- After that go to the "Network settings", as described above, and press enter.
- In the window that opens, select the start and wait for the message that the connection is configured.
- If an error message appears, go to the "Network Status" section and click on "IP Setting".
- Here, manually enter the data received from the technical support or provider, and click "OK".
Connecting to the Internet with the help of consoles of type Android TV
There is another way of how to connect tv to the Internet. To do this, you need to use the prefix Android TV.
- So, take the HDMI cable and connect it to the TV and the console.
- We include the prefix itself.
- After that, switch the prefix to the HDMI input.
- Waiting for download to complete.
- After that, we connect the USB mouse to the console and watch the appearance of the cursor on the screen.
- Click on 3 points in the right corner, select the settings and go to the method of connecting to the Internet. For example, Wi-Fi.
- After that, if necessary, enter the password.
- We check the connection to the Internet.
If you intend to connect through a networkcord, then insert its connectors, both on the console, and on the TV. Next, go to "Settings" and select a wired Ethernet connection. To become clearer, you can see the process on the video.
Now you know how to connect TV to the Internet.