How to make breast milk fatter
Myths and truth about mom's diet
Studies have shown that the level of fat content of milk of a nursing mother does not always depend on her diet. The recommendations of physicians are reduced to the rejection of fat-free food, but also excess fat will not bring benefits. Their excess in milk makes it difficult to assimilate, causes problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
On the Internet often there are tips to eat for two, lean on heavy food, drink less water and other nonsense. The result of such experiments are often colic and bloating of the baby’s tummy. Milk, alas, does not become fatter, it simply increases the viscosity, which leads to lactostasis, mastopathy and other troubles.
For lactation are responsible not so much eaten foods as lymph and blood, having a constant composition.
Despite all of the above, proper nutrition of the mother plays a very important role. Her diet should be about 20% protein and no more than 30% fat. Half the portions are cereals, vegetables and fruits. To obtain the required dose of calcium, it is not necessary to drink milk or eat cottage cheese, this element is contained in greens, raisins, cabbage, fish and spinach.
What to eat
If the milk is too watery, doctors recommend improving its nutritional properties, using such products:
- milk, preferably goat, and all dairy products, including yogurt, kefir, sour cream, cream, butter, cottage cheese, hard cheese and condensed milk;
- nuts - walnuts, wood, cashews, almonds (not more than 7 pieces per day);
- halvah, sesame, non-roasted sunflower seeds;
- white and red meat, lean fish, stewed, baked or steamed;
- beef liver, tongue;
- quail eggs;
- vegetables, especially cauliflower and broccoli, greens (dill, fennel, parsley);
- fresh and dried fruit;
- cereals in soups and cereals, beans;
- black bread, drying, crackers;
- clean water, juices, compotes, green tea with milk, instant chicory with cream, fruit drinks, herbal preparations for lactation.
Give up the "empty" calories contained in baking, white bread, fast food, sweets, milk chocolate - the benefits of them are zero. It is also necessary to exclude from the diet all foods with caffeine, preservatives and dyes. Alcohol is allowed 1 tablespoon of "Cahors" per day.
Drink as much as you want - the amount of liquid does not reduce the percentage of milk fat content, as many people think. Useful for mother and baby decoctions of chamomile, wild rose, fennel, but with whole cow's milk, you need to be careful, it is recommended to be diluted and tried in small portions.
Folk remedies have repeatedly proved their effectiveness and passedcheck by time. To increase the quantity and improve the quality of milk, women have long used the following recipes:
- Grated carrot poured milk or cream (500 ml). Starting with a small portion, the amount of the mixture is increased to a glass 2-3 times a day. You can add a little honey. Drink warm, regardless of the meal.
- The juice from the radish is diluted with water, mixed with a teaspoon of honey and drink 0.5 cups twice a day.
- 1 tbsp. l cumin pour 1 liter of water, add peeled and chopped lemon, 0.5 st. boil sugar on low heat, cool, strain and take 0.5 cups 2-3 times a day.
- Put two tablespoons of cumin and 2 glasses of cream in a hot oven for half an hour. After cooling down, drink twice a day for a whole glass.
- Nuts pour boiled milk in a thermos. Then they need to be there for 1 Thing 5-6 times a day. A milk drink 1/3 cup in the morning and evening.
- Throw a handful of wild rose berries in 350 ml of boiling water and cook for 7 minutes. Take 0.25 cups 20 minutes before meals 3 times a day.
- Good laktogonnym property has a ginger tea. 10 g of rubbed root brew in 700 ml of boiling water. Drink warm twice a day, 50 ml.
- Teas made from anise, cumin, fennel, a decoction of barley and blackthorn juice have a similar effect.
Not only the volume of milk, but also its fat content depends on the emotional state of a nursing mother. And if it so happened that its quality has changed not for the better, do not worry and do not worry. Try to get more positive emotions.
And do not forget about a full sleep. Its duration should be at least 8 - 9 hours per day. Put your baby to sleep next to you and rest.
Breast milk fortifiers
These are special supplements to breast milk containing vitamins, minerals and proteins, primarily intended for premature babies. They are produced in the form of a powder or a mixture and added to the expressed mother's milk immediately before feeding.
It is undesirable to use such preparations with a normal weight of the child, since they contribute to the collection of excess mass. In addition, there is a risk of disturbing the natural lactation and reducing the amount of milk. Having become accustomed to the bottle, the baby can then refuse the breast.
Is pumping helpful?
“Advanced” parents try to squeeze out some milk in order to give their child a large dose of cream. But since the breast responds to the increased demand with supply,in a day or two, it will burst from the abundance of milk, and in another week my mother will have no strength left for this unpleasant procedure.
The result will be the same as in the case of "accumulation": the baby will eat the front milk, and the most useful will remain unfulfilled.
Check whether you have fat milk, it is necessary for your own calm. But it is more important to organize a natural feeding regime. This means that the baby should be applied to the breast at his first request.
To increase the fat content of milk, it is recommended to take a five-minute break after feeding, and then reapply the baby to the breast.
During the day, feeding time may be different. Do not forget about the hypnotic properties of the back milk. The baby falls asleep, but occasionally sips a little - give him the opportunity to get his full.
If you correctly distribute the regime, then the child will be satisfied, and the mother will be able to plan her day.