How to process photos in Photoshop?
Adobe Photoshop - multifunctional graphican editor that allows you to quickly and efficiently work with any image, perform editing, and edit and process photographs using special tools.
In order to beautifully process photos in Photoshop, you need to use the following tools:
- Dodge / Burn tool;
- stamp (Clone stamp);
- Brush (History Brush);
- black and white (Black / White);
- darkening (Shadow / Highlights).
Dodge / Burn tool
Dodge / Burn tool - tools that can brighten and darken certain areas of the photo.
- Range of application. This tool can be used on dark (Shadows), medium (Highlights) and neutral (Midtones) areas of photographs. For example, when treating a face, you can lighten the dark areas of the chin, and leave the light ones unchanged or vice versa.
- force of influence (Exposure). To work with dark and light areas, choose up to 10%, and with neutral - up to 20%.
- Clarification of the iris of the eyes. Lightening the iris of the eyes, you can well concentrate on the eyes and look of the model.
- Dulling a part of the face in a man's portrait. This method is ideal for black and white portraits, on colored it leaves stains. The cheekbones, the line of the chin, the eyebrows and the line of the nose are obscured. Using this method, you can make a strong-willed and tough man on the photo. On women's portraits very carefully use this tool and only on those facial lines that attach femininity. Otherwise, you can get a man-like face.
- Create more volume and contrast.
- Clarity of the backlight area (light,which falls on the object being photographed from behind). In this case, you can enhance the effect of backlight. Thus, the picture becomes a little brighter and more interesting.
- Teeth whitening.
Stamp is a tool that is ideal forphoto retouching. The main function of this tool is to capture the necessary part of the photo, copy and transfer it to another part of the photo. Before using this tool, configure
- modes (darkening Darken, lightening Lighten);
- Opacity. The lower the percentage of opacity, the less noticeable is the use of this tool. For photo retouch, use opacity within 10-30%.
Using a stamp
- The stamp is mainly used for cleaning
- bruises under the eyes;
- dark spots.
- It is necessary to select a suitable part of the photo, copy it and transfer it to the defective part.
Brush (History Brush)
The Brush (History Brush) allows you to increase the sharpness on some elements of the photo, as well as draw elements from the past processing steps into the photo.
- In the settings you need to put the necessary transparency.
- To work with this tool, you must tick a specific layer on the right side and begin processing it.
- Then select the area to be processed.
Black and White
This tool is located in the Image tab - Adjustments.
- The main function of the Black / White tool is to translate the photo into a black and white version. Opening the panel of this tool you can apply the appropriate shades.
- Also, including the layer mode Overlay, you can achieve a more saturated and contrast image.
Shadow / Highlights
This tool is also located in the Image tab - Adjustments.
Darkening is used in the following cases:
- for dimming overexposed areas;
- to draw light from the shadows;
- to eliminate overexposures and underexposures;
- to create a greater depth of photography;
- to create additional volume.