How to remove the graphics driver?
So sometimes it happens that the driver update canentail a depressing decline in the quality of computer video. The reason is too old (worn) card. Another possible reason is the erroneous installation of software for a video card that is different from the one installed on the computer.
On how to remove the graphics driver to install another from scratch, read on.
- First open the "Control Panel". Find the "System" icon and double-click on this icon. You can right-click the "My Computer" menu to go to the "Properties" submenu (the result will be the same).
- In the window with system properties, select the subsection"Device Manager". In Windows 7, it is available on the left side of the "System" window. If you are using Windows XP, then click the Hardware tab in this window. The Device Manager will be there.
- You will see a multi-level list that lists all the devices. Expand the Video adapters group to see your video card.
- Double-click on the name of the video card. After that, you will see a window with the properties of this device. Here you need to open the "Driver" tab.
- Select "Delete" from the window that appears.
Before you remove the old video card driver, make sure that you have what to replace it with. After removal, install another driver and reboot.