How to sew a fluffy skirt?
Despite the fact that puffy skirts have already come into fashion a long time ago, not all stores have such models. Often such a skirt is quite difficult to find. Therefore, we suggest to understand how to sew a fluffy skirt on your own. But before the instruction it is worth noting that a similar skirt is sewn from such material as mesh and there are: petticoat, petticoat and skirts for little girls. Depending on what type of skirt is selected and provided instructions for sewing. We consider in detail all three types.
In fact, it is very easy to sew a fluffy skirt from a grid, since if there are any mistakes, you can hide them and all you need is basic knowledge about sewing skirts. So, for the beginning we are doing measurements, of course, they may not be as strict as in the sewing of regular straight skirts, but this procedure is obligatory. It is necessary to make measurements of the waist, hips, as well as the length. Also, this skirt does not need to pick up buttons or zipper, which will greatly facilitate the task. The main thing when cutting fabric according to measurements, to make them 5-10 cm more than you need, since you need to make a belt and process the edges of the skirt.
- To begin with, we make a belt, it should correspond to the size of the waist circumference in length, and width up to 5 cm.
- Next, we smooth the fabric in half and make marks by measuring the line of the thigh and the length, after which we cut off unnecessary parts.
- Sew parts of the skirt to the belt and cut edges if necessary.
- In order for the skirt to be as fluffy as possible, special hoops are attached from the inside of the skirt.
Sewing upper skirt
Speaking about how to sew a fluffy long skirt, it is worth noting that this look is done in several stages and has more complex instructions. Since we will need to make several layers of the skirt of various materials.
- As usual, we make measurements of the girth of the waist, hips and length.
- First, we produce fabric for the belt, which should correspond in length to the line of the hips, and not less than 4 cm wide.
- Prepare the bottom layer of the skirt. He makes of tight mesh, and be a little shorter in length, the length of the middle skirt.
- Make the middle layer of the skirt. It should be from lightweight materials, for example, from satin and chiffon. And be a little shorter, about 2 cm, than the top layer of the skirt.
- Making the top layer of the skirt. It should be made of mesh, but softer than we use at the bottom.In addition, we sew this layer with the middle layer of the skirt.
- Next, sew all parts of the skirt to the belt. That is why it is better that there was a belt, and not a rubber band, which can stretch.
- If necessary, you can sew a zipper to the middle layer of the skirt, but often this is unnecessary.
Such a skirt will look spectacular in any color and, of course, is more suitable for a teenager. And if you want to make a skirt in waves, then you will need to sew special hoops on each layer of the skirt from the inside.
Tailoring of a magnificent skirt for the girl
Here you will need to make only two layers of the skirt and be sure to select, only light and soft material. A child would definitely be happy with such a skirt, so it’s worth making only of bright colors of fabrics. Next we will provide step-by-step information on how to sew a fluffy skirt for a girl.
- First, we make measurements of the child, that is, we mark the waistline, hips and length.
- After we carry out the workpiece on a belt or elastic band, which will be more convenient for the child. It should be exactly the same as the measurement of the circumference of the hips, and about 3 cm wide.
- Next, we make the lower layer of the skirt, which in length should be slightly smaller than the upper layer.It is recommended to make the lower part of such materials as chiffon, so that the child does not have the unpleasant sensations of a rigid mesh.
- The top layer should be slightly longer than the bottom layer, about 2-3 cm. And make it out of a soft mesh.
- At the end of the work, we sew all parts of the skirt to the belt and process the edges.
A similar skirt can be made both wavy and even. If you decide to make a wavy skirt, then you will need to sew hoops to the skirt from the inside. In this case, the skirt will be as lush as possible.
Now you know how to sew a fluffy skirt, not only for yourself, but also for your children. This will allow you to make your daughter a real princess for any holiday.