What is useful kombucha? How to grow kombucha? Folk remedies
Ten years ago, in the kitchens of many of our compatriots, a strange creature dwelt — either a plant or an animal. It is called Kombucha. In the recent past, many gladly grew it in banks, shared thallus with each other and admired its taste. Any hostess could tell what is useful Kombucha. Now kombucha will see infrequently. About him as if forgotten. And it is in vain. Useful properties of its proven scientific.
Why is it called medusomitsetom?
It was first described by a mycologist Lindau from Germany. He called Kombucha similar to jellyfish. Indeed, this creature resembles a resident of the seas in its structure. For this similarity, he received the scientific name Medusomyces Gisevi, or Medusomyceteum. The similarity is purely external; there is nothing in common between these individuals in the structure.
Kombucha is inherently a miniature laboratory. In it two kinds of microorganisms peacefully coexist - yeast and acetic acid bacteria. In the complex, they form a kind of colony in the form of a jellyfish. The top is smooth, and the lower part has a lot of filamentous processes. This part of the fungus is called the growth zone.
As scientists have found, it is this area that is responsible for the transformation of sweet tea into a kvass-like drink. In the west, the latter is produced on an industrial scale and is called combucha.
Is there any benefit from Kombucha?
Many are interested in the question: what is useful Kombucha? It contains the following biologically active substances:
- vitamins of group B, and also C, PP and D;
- organic acids: malic, acetic, lactic, gluconic and oxalic;
- enzymes (catalase, amylase, protease);
- natural antibiotic jellyfish.
This is not a complete list of those nutrients that are contained in the wonderful drink produced by Kombucha. They all give it healing properties. Kombucha helps with numerous diseases and acts much more efficiently and more delicately than many pharmaceutical drugs.Infusion of tea fungus will be useful for the following ailments:
- increased acidity of the stomach and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- stones in the kidneys;
- high cholesterol in the body;
- neurological headaches;
- heart diseases;
In addition to all of the above, the kombucha helps fight viral infection, cleanses the body of toxins and slags.
Unfortunately, Kombucha and the composition of the drink it produces are still not fully understood. However, a series of experiments conducted by scientists in the twentieth century, gave the world invaluable knowledge about the benefits of kombucha.
Back in 1929, the scientist S. Germani conducted a study on the effect of tea kvass on cholesterol in the blood of experimental animals. He injected the drug Vitantol rats, dogs, rabbits and cats. As a result of exposure to this tool, cholesterol levels increased significantly. Then the scientist introduced the kombuchu with laboratory animals, and their condition returned to normal. Thus, we managed to find out that gluconic acid contained in tea kvass helps to reduce cholesterol in the blood.This means that combucha is an excellent prophylactic agent against cardiovascular diseases.
G. A. Shakaryan, a professor at the Yerevan Zoo Veterinary Institute, and L. T. Danielyan, an associate professor, conducted a further study of the useful properties of the tea fungus. By absorption on ion-exchange resins, they managed to isolate a special substance from the waste product of the medusomycetes - crystalline bactericidin. This antiseptic drug is remarkable in that it is completely devoid of toxic properties.
Two years after receiving bactericidin, the properties of the tea fungus became interested in E. K. Naumova.She investigated the effect of medusin on various types of pathogenic bacteria. Having infected laboratory animals with pneumococcal, diphtheria, and Salmonella infections, she treated with Kombucha. In all cases, positive results were noted.
In the same year, the scientist Iskander tested the effectiveness of medusin on patients with pneumococcal conjunctivitis, purulent keratitis and blepharoconjunctivitis. The result of the treatment exceeded all expectations.
In 1950, KM Dubrovsky continued studying the properties of the tea fungus at the Kazakh Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology.During the extraction of the film of the fungus, he managed to isolate a special substance that became the basis for the drug "MM", or "Meduzominetina." This drug has shown high efficacy against Staphylococcus aureus, dysentery, pneumococcus, typhoid fever and diphtheria bacilli.
In 1957, an infusion of tea fungus passed a clinical trial. Its effect was tested on 57 patients with atherosclerosis, acute tonsillitis and arterial hypertension. As a result, patients had a decrease in cholesterol, normalization of temperature and blood pressure. A detailed description of the clinical picture of the effect of the active components of tea fungus on the course of the studied diseases was compiled. After this test medusomitseta-based drugs were officially allowed to use in traditional medicine. Scientists no longer had doubts about the usefulness of Kombucha. Currently, they are obsessed with the idea of using medusomitset to create a completely new antibiotic that has no analogues.
What conditions are needed Kombucha?
All the miraculous properties of kombuchi can be tested on yourself.But for this you need to know exactly how to care for the Kombucha at home, to get the maximum benefit from it and not harm yourself.
Nutrient medium for the life of medusomitset is a solution of sweet tea. Sucrose, glucose and fruit juice may be used as an additive.This moment is not fundamental. Tea can also be of any kind. Using various types of tea leaves, you can get drinks with a variety of flavors. What is remarkable: medusomitset uses sugar, but it does not utilize the components of the tea itself. However, the welding itself is necessary for him to ensure normal functioning, without which the medusomicete cannot produce ascorbic acid.
Many are interested in the question: how to grow Kombucha? In essence, only the following components are necessary: a suitable container, sweet tea, a warm room and a bit of care. When creating a medusomitseu optimal conditions, on the fourth or fifth day, he begins to produce an unusual drink, not only pleasant to taste, but also very useful. It tastes like kvass and contains carbon dioxide.This product is obtained as a result of the fermentation of sugars by yeast and acetic acid bacteria that live in medusomitse.
How to make a drink of Kombucha?
Below are a few recommendations. They will tell you how to insist Kombucha on all the rules:
- You need to prepare a container for Kombucha. Usually it is a three-liter jar. It is advisable to choose one that has a wide neck. This will greatly facilitate the care of Kombucha. It is strongly recommended not to place the medusomicete in a metal container. Organic acids formed during fermentation react with the material of the vessel and lead to the formation of harmful substances. You can also use enamelware.
- Now you need to prepare a sweet tea solution. It should not be too saturated. For cooking, you will need 2 teaspoons of tea and 5 tablespoons of sugar per 1 liter of water. This solution must be infused for 15 minutes.
- The resulting substrate should not contain particles of welding and crystals of insoluble sugar. The latter, falling on the fungus, can cause burns, it is noticeable in the form of brown spots on its surface.Particles of welding clog up the thallus. Therefore, tea infusion should be filtered before pouring into the jar.
- Please note that the filtered sweet tea is not hot. It should be cooled to room temperature. In hot tea, the mushroom will die.
- If you have a young fungus, for the first time in the tea solution, you should add a portion of the starter culture from the 1/10 part of the mature culture. This will start the first fermentation and colonize the culture of microorganisms young medusomitsyet.
- Next, you must put the mushroom in the jar with the prepared solution. The neck should be covered with gauze or cloth and secure with tape. Do not use plastic or metal cover. The mushroom needs oxygen for respiration and fermentation. A gauze barrier is needed to prevent dust and midges from getting inside the jar.
- A jar of mushroom and substrate should be placed in a warm and dark place. The ideal temperature is 24 degrees. Do not put it on the window. The sun's rays inhibit the fermentation process.
- After a period of 4 to 10 days, the tea brew will be ready. The duration of its maturation is directly dependent on the temperature in the room. The higher it is, the sooner the drink will be ready.
- When the tea brew reaches readiness, it is necessary to separate it from the medusomicete. To do this, clean hands to remove the mushroom from the jar, rinse under cool running water.
Next, this mushroom should be placed in a jar with prepared strained and cooled sweet tea.
- Ready drink from Kombucha needs to be poured into a glass or enamel bowl with a lid. Connoisseurs are advised to hold the resulting kombuchu another five days in a dark place for ripening. In a container covered with a lid without oxygen, acetic acid bacteria cease their activity, and yeast continues to ferment sugars to form carbon dioxide and tartaric alcohol. Thus, in five days you can enjoy a great fizzy drink, which is not only pleasant to taste, but also healthy. Before use, it should be drained through gauze or plastic strainer.
In adulthood, the fungus has a thickness of thallus up to several centimeters. During this period, you can use kombuchu directly from the can, not forgetting to replenish a sufficient level of sweet tea. You can separate part of thallus and share with relatives and friends.Do not forget to tell them how to grow Kombucha and care for it.
It is very convenient to have two tanks. In one will live a mushroom and produce kombuchu, and in the other - be ready to drink. Kvass is stored in the refrigerator for quite a long time without losing its beneficial properties.
How to care for Kombucha?
In order for the Kombucha not to die and please you with tasty and healing kvass for a long time, you need to properly care for it. To do this, you need to know the following nuances:
- Keep kombucha in the bank should be at a temperature close to 25 degrees. This temperature is optimal for the life of the medusomicete. If he is in a room where the air is colder than 17 degrees, he will not only be slower to produce a drink, but blue-green algae may also develop in his thallus. This is an extremely undesirable phenomenon.
- It is very important in what solution is Kombucha. Water for the substrate must be boiled. This rule must be strictly observed in order to preserve the beneficial properties of the drink. In urban water from the tap a lot of hardness salts (calcium and magnesium).
They, in conjunction with gluconic acid, form an insoluble white precipitate that falls to the bottom of the can.As a result, the combatant loses not only a part of his taste, but also one of the most useful components.
- Tea solution should not be too strong. This property of the substrate inhibits the growth and activity of the fungus.
- For its normal functioning medusomitset needs periodic washing with cool running water. In the summer, this should be done more often - once every two weeks, in the winter - once a month.
- If you notice that the top of the fungus has begun to turn brown, then this is an alarming sign. This means that the fungus has stood in solution and may die. It should be removed, thoroughly rinse with running water. The dying upper part should be separated, the remaining thallus should be put in a jar with a prepared substrate. From now on, you need to carefully monitor your pet.
It is necessary to take into account the fact that in summer the air temperature is higher and the mushroom “works” much faster than during the cold season. Therefore, in the hot period, the solution should be changed more often.
How to store medusomitset?
For long-term storage of kombucha it must be dried. To do this, medusomitset need to put on a dry and clean plate.Do not forget to turn it over from time to time to prevent mold. It is also very important to limit access to the fungus to various insects that can lay eggs in the thallus.
When completely dried medusomitset turns into a thin plate. Keep it better in the refrigerator. If necessary, the plate can be placed in a prepared solution of sweet tea. The fungus will come to life in a week and begin to produce combuchu.
How to achieve the maximum effect on tea kvass?
To obtain enhanced medicinal effect, Kombucha can be placed in an infusion of medicinal herbs for honey. To do this, take 200 g of vegetable raw materials for 3 liters of boiling water and insist about 7-8 hours. Honey is added to the filtered solution and poured into a jar of Kombucha. At the end of the week, the healing drink will be ready. The basis for the therapeutic infusion of herbs will be Kombucha.How to use this tool will tell you the attending physician.
Healing herbs are selected depending on the type of disease:
- For the treatment of angina and rhinitis, St. John's wort, calendula and eucalyptus will be needed.
- When liver ailments should take the immortelle, celandine, chicory, cornflower.
- For hypertension, it will be useful to use dried corn sticks, mulberries, blueberries, dill seed, and dry bean leaves.
- To cope with dyspepsia, dysentery and diarrhea will help Kalgan root, burnet, pomegranate peel.
- For female diseases, oregano, melissa and ivan tea will be required.
- If there are diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, then you should pay attention to the St. John's Wort, calendula, plantain, centaury, buckthorn and yarrow.
- For cardiosclerosis, heather, motherwort and foxglove are recommended.
- For the treatment of kidney ailments will require calendula, plantain, elderberry, dog rose, young oats stalks.
- Treat heart diseases and blockage of blood vessels is recommended tea kvass, infused on foxglove, heather, motherwort, white-bog marsh, blueberries and dill seed.
Kombucha for slimming
This method of using medusomitseta very relevant in the present time. You can use kombucha for weight loss without fear for your own health.On the contrary, the combatant will not only put weight in order, but also solve many problems.
Weight loss due to tea kvass is due to the following processes:
- Enzymes help improve digestion.
- Maintaining the pH of gastric juice helps to better absorb nutrients from food.
- Kombucha perfectly removes toxins from the body.
- Increases metabolism.
- Liver and kidney function normalizes.
- Probiotics improve intestinal activity.
As a result of the above processes, the body is cleansed, and overweight is reduced. Kombucha for weight loss should be applied as follows: 150-300 ml of kombuchi should be drunk in the morning on an empty stomach and 30 minutes before each meal.
Before actively applying kombuchu, you need to find out, and what is useful for Kombucha, and contraindications to its use. The drink can not be used for the following diseases:
- Diabetes mellitus, as in Combat contains a significant amount of glucose.
- Increased acidity of gastric juice.
- Fungal diseases.
- Allergic reactions.
You should know the measure when using kombuchi, as it contains alcohol. For motorists this is especially important. If you have a weak stomach, then from the use of strong tea kvass is better to refrain or dilute it with water. Before drinking this drink,It is advisable to consult with a doctor who will give full information about the benefits of kombucha (and he will also announce contraindications to its use). If the state of health allows, then you can fully enjoy the amazing drink and experience its wonderful qualities on yourself.