Methods of raising children: Tibetan view
Is it possible to put a child in a corner, punish him and force him to do something?
Young parents have a lot of questions as they grow up. Of course, because our children are starting to show their "character" from the cradle, especially if the genes are suitable. And we do not always find the answers to all our questions in order to raise a calm, balanced, intelligent and obedient child.
Parents of TibetYou will not be taken aback: they always know what to say to their offspring so that the phrase goes only to the benefit of its development. They always know what to do at a given age of a child in order to correct his behavior and how to explain that he is wrong. These are very useful skills that help grow a full-fledged and self-sufficient person who respects his parents. We can try to adopt the traditions of this wise people.
Read also:Lessons of education: we teach the child good manners
Basic rules of Tibetan education
Let's find out which fundamental paradigms become the basis of this system of education.
1. No penalties. It concernsboth moral humiliation and physical. Tibetan sages say: the only reason they beat children is that they can not give change.
2. Up to 5 years with the child must be treated, "like a king." Himnothing can be forbidden, just to distract. If he does something dangerous, make a frightened face and publish a frightened cry. Such a language the child understands perfectly.
At this age, he laid down the activity, interest in life, curiosity. Your child still does not know how to build logical chains. He does not understand that he broke an expensive vase, and does not know that you had to work hard to buy it. He will take the punishment for such an offense as a suppression from a position of strength. So you just teach him to obey those who are stronger. Sure that this is what you want to achieve in education?
3. From 5 to 10 years with the child to be treated, "as a slave." Set before himtasks and require them to perform. You can punish for failure, but not physically. At this age your child actively develops intelligence.He must learn to predict the reaction of people to his actions, to cause a positive attitude towards himself and to avoid manifestations of a negative one. Do not be afraid at this time to load his knowledge.
4. From 10 to 15 years old, treat a childas with equal. Not on an equal footing, namely, as an equal, since you still have great knowledge and experience. Consult with your child in all important matters, encourage its independence. Your will, if you impose, in the form of tips, advice or in the form of discussion. If the offspring does not go the way you want, focus his attention on the negative consequences, but avoid direct prohibitions. At this age, children develop independence and independent thinking.
Read also: We learn to listen to the child: recommendations to parents
5. From the age of 15, treat a childwith respect. It is too late to educate him, so it's up to you to reap the fruits of your labors.
What will the failure of the rules?
Tibetan sages believe that non-observance of these rules can lead to negative consequences.
For example,if you suppress a child under 5 years, it is possible to suppress his life activity, the development of intelligence and interest in life. You can accustom the child mindlessly and habitually to submit to brute force. So you make from him an easy sacrifice for the scoundrels.
Read also:TEST. What is the parenting strategy in your family?
If after 5 years of age to talk with a sontoo soft and lispwith him, he will grow up infantile, incapable of labor and any spiritual effort.
If you still want your child to grow up confident, then you shouldn't be tooto care for the child and after 10 years.Otherwise, he will become an uncertain adult, will depend on more independent people who can easily influence him.
The contempt of parents after their 15th birthday will not forgive you a scion and can leave forever from their home at the first opportunity.