Speech development: how to help your baby
The baby is growing by leaps and bounds, and we want him to be on time. And the teeth cut through on time, and were pronounced when necessary ... But what if the child insists on being silent?
We conduct a speech audit
It is important to understand that in order to fully master the speech, the child will have toa lot of exerciseandcustomize your speech apparatuson the correct pronunciation of sounds. These skills develop gradually, and it's time to orient or not to start talking to the kid, you can proceed from the followingspeech milestone:
1. in 1 month the baby expresses his desires with the help of a cry;
2. At 2 months begins to walk, singing in a singsong combination and produces prolonged guttural cries, knows how to laugh;
3. at 3-4 months the walk becomes more intense and prolonged, the baby learns to control the intonations of the voice;
4. In 5 months, baby paws chant, uses guttural sounds, actively examines faces and remembers them;
5. at 6 months, the baby moves to a new stage - begins to babble, repeats syllables with consonant sounds and imitates adults;
6in 10 months he combines in random order the syllables he likes, can use short words, repeats for adults: "ba", "ma", "pa";
7. to 1 year old baby says well-known short words: “mom”, “dad”, “give” and syllables with different intonation, trying to construct the most simple phrases;
8. In 1.5 years, the baby picks up in its active vocabulary up to 50 words, can answer the questions “who?”, “What?”, Speaks with phrases of two three words;
9. In 1.5-2 years old, the child’s vocabulary can go up to 100-200 words, a crumb can answer the questions “who is it?”, “What is it?” with the help of gestures and words, he can explain what he wants, performs actions at the verbal request of adults: “bring the ball”, “give the book”, “show the nose”;
10. At 2-3 years old, the child types 20-30 new words every month and asks adults “where?”, “Where?”, “From where?” And “why?”, Knows and uses all parts of speech except for verbal verses , understands the difference and uses in the speech the plural and singular number of nouns, tries to use all the tenses of verbs;
11. at 3 years old mom and dad expects a surprise: the child suddenly starts to speak very actively, telling everything he heard from adults and understood, even in his own way.If you talked with him a lot and patiently answered all questions, read interesting books, and in conversation your speech was diverse, emotional and colorful - you raised a curious, with a desire to learn a new and smart baby.
Of course,individual sounds to the child may still fail, but his enthusiasm in building sentences of 3-4, and later 4-5 words can only be envied. It's time to continue reading together and teach children's poems.
Read also:What moms talk about: the development of the child's speech
The Rogues Rule
There is a direct relationship approved by psychologists that parents should pay attention to:the more the child asks questions and listens to the answers, the higher his mental development.
It is important not to break this pattern, because if now and then to brush aside the questions of an inquisitive peasant, then he will gradually cease to ask them, and hiscognitive abilities will develop much slower. Also, the child may begin to look for other people who can satisfy his interest.
note: it is the presence of human communication that is important; it cannot be replaced with educational films and programs.
The kid does not ask questions? Let's help him.Ask the questions yourself, and let the crumb try to answer them. Can't answer? Do not worry, answer together. Children love to imitate adults, and so you wonderfully stimulate the development and thinking of the crumbs.
Out of the gloomy and unsociable child-silent, it is unlikely that a sociable and knowledgeable adult will miraculously grow up. But it is precisely communicative abilities and the desire to learn something new that gives us an impulse to develop and be successful.
Our mother forumchankaNikki tells: “I didn’t give my son to the kindergarten and many told me that if he didn’t communicate with the children, he would have difficulty speaking and in school it would be difficult for him to find friends. But Sasha is a very sociable boy, and my mother and I, who spent a lot of time with him, are very talkative girls.J. So there was no problem with the child's speech, we just talked with him all the time. With the children, we learned to build relationships on the site, and then went on to dance, singing and drawing. So the first class went through under the sign “I want to go to school immediately!” And even on weekends. The teacher praises us, even received a letter at the end of the year. The main thing is to pay the child as much attention as possible, and everything will work out for you ”.
From theory to practice
Named milestones -perfect option, but in real life it is quite possible to hear from dads and mom that the babydeveloping at a completely different pace.
How to find out when you should worry and run to the doctors, and when there is enough of your own efforts in classes with a child?
Let's just say: you shouldn't worry too much. Becalm and reasonable, but not negligent. If the baby visitsKindergarten, from time to time he certainly happensmeetings with a speech therapist. Ask a specialist or group teacher what they think about developing a baby's speech. At the same time, take into account the nature of the child, the trustfulness of his relationship with the teacher, as well as the level of talkativeness in the group - sometimes even the most talkative tots are silent in an unfamiliar company.
If there is no speech therapist in the garden, butproblems with speech in the crumbs have(even if only in your opinion), try to visit a good specialist. Where to find him? ATchildren's clinic, developing center or on the recommendation of other parents. They will simply be found on the pages of the parent online forums.
Speech therapist Alexander Kozinets tells: "Such a meeting makes sense, even if the little one is talking incessantly and the thought of possible malfunctions in his speech does not even occur to you.Verbiage is an excellent indicator of development, but, besides it, the correct formulation of the pronunciation of sounds is also important. Often, children need literally a little hint - how and where to put the tongue or how to hold the lips to make a difficult sound for the child. A meeting with a speech therapist will significantly speed up the solution of this task. ”
During the reception, the speech therapist makes observations and draws conclusions on several parameters. Suspecting abnormalities in speech development, the specialist will advise you to enroll in an ENT doctor, a neurologist or a psychologist, in order to find out what the root and cause of the problem is, and whether it is at all. It may well be that the child is all right and the discrepancy age indicators -variant of his individual norm.
We, parents, unfortunately, do not really want to go to doctors again and again. But, believe me, by solving or warning the problem as early as possible, you will really save your time and energy, and your baby will not have problems with self-esteem and training.
Secret technology for parents
We hope thatprofessional speech therapistdo not be afraid, we have already convinced you. He canfaster and better understand how to fix problemsthat prevent the baby from talking and will find an individual approach to the child. In his arsenal, books, toys, puzzles, interesting puzzles, and the occupation itself is more a game than a lesson.
But parents should not give up -you have something to do with the baby. The first way to improve a child’s speech is as old as the world, clear and close to everyone -a game. In the game, the child learns the world, learns to build strategies of behavior and develops speech.
Also do not be lazytell dailymulchunishke about everything around. At the end of each situation summarize, ask the child questions. Agree with relatives that they will regularly ask the child at the end of the day where he was and what he saw.
Moresculpt from plasticine, salt dough, draw, add puzzles and make applications. The baby's speech is directly dependent on the development of dexterity and the skills of his small fingers. And, then, the training of fine motor skills is our everything.
Play inonomatopoeic games- “How does the doggy (cat, elephant, bee ...) say?”, “How does the car (aircraft, train ...) make noise?”
Sure toread the baby before bedfairy tales and stories.
Ask questions, which would like to hear the answers crumbs. Themselves clearly answer them so that the child is accustomed to a bunch of "question - answer" In time, instead of answering, make an interrogative pause - let the child fill it with an answer.
Occasionallylet your child be misunderstood, do not satisfy all his needs at the same second. “Easy misunderstanding” stimulates the child to improve the ways of communication - to move on to speech.