St. Petersburg, Krestovsky Island: history, description and reviews
Many tourists from all cities of Russia choose St. Petersburg. Krestovsky Island is one of the main attractions of the city. A large number of myths and legends are associated with this place. We suggest you to get acquainted with the most interesting of them. Readers will also be curious to find out what sights are located here.
St. Petersburg: Krestovsky Island
The first mention of this place was found in the ancient ancient Russian chronicles, even before the construction of the city on the Neva. Krestovsky Island is located on the shores of the Gulf of Finland. Here are stunning landscapes and beautiful places for walking and recreation. How to get here? The most convenient and fastest way is by metro (Krestovsky Island station). This site is completely surrounded by water.
Readers will be interested to know why this island has such an unusual name? There are several versions:
- The most common is the following: the island received its name in honor of the river Krestovka, which flows nearby.
- In the 15th century, a chapel was built here, which eventually collapsed, and the cross from it was found before construction began.
- The island has a small lake, the shape of which resembles a cross.
- This place had other names: Risti-saari, St. Natalia, Khristoforovsky.
- Among the most famous owners of the island are: Menshikov, the Razumovsky brothers, the prince of Beloselsky-Belozersky.
- On the night of Ivan Kupala games and folk festivals were organized here.
- After the revolution, a hospital was built here, in which prominent party leaders were treated. To get a job here, you had to go through a thorough security check.
- The famous Russian poetess Anna Akhmatova dedicated one of her poems to Primorsky Park, which is one of the main attractions of Krestovsky Island.
- One of the Soviet party leaders, Sergey Kirov, visited Krestovsky Island (St. Petersburg) every week.
- Apartments in this area are among the most expensive in the city.
Krestovsky Island (St. Petersburg): amusement park
This place is considered one of the best entertainment complexes not only in the city, but also in Russia. An amusement park, or "Divo-island" - a favorite place for recreation of citizens. There are several dozens of a variety of attractions. There are for the little ones, as well as for fans of extreme entertainment, from which just breathtaking.
On the territory of the park there are cafes, beautiful sculptures, playful music. For children there are special areas where professional animators work. Birds sing in the park, and you can feed the squirrels, some of them are not at all afraid of people. It is always fun and crowded.
The main attractions of Krestovsky Island
If you come to St. Petersburg for the first time, and your trip is limited, then by all means take a look here. Acquaintance with Krestovsky Island will help you to feel the true spirit of the city. Here you can spend the whole day getting to know its main attractions, which include:
- Krestovsky Island (St. Petersburg) - park "Divo-island".This is a place where even adults, sedate people become children for a while. The park is open to visitors all year round. More about him described above.
- Zoo named after Cheburashka. Parents with small children like to come here. After all, the animals that live here, you can not only stroke, but also feed. It is not necessary to bring food with you, there is a restaurant nearby where you can buy it. Of the animals here are: ponies, rabbits, goats, ostrich, foxes and others.
- Seaside Park Victory. It was created in honor of the lifting of the blockade in 1945. You can come here for the whole day. The park has two lakes. Stunning nature, abundance of wooden benches, free entrance make this place attractive for a large number of people. The park has a large number of trees. Among them: blue spruce, thuja and many others. If you get hungry, admiring the beauty of nature, then there are various cafes and restaurants.
- Stadium (St. Petersburg, Krestovsky Island) named after Kirov. It was built by thousands of soldiers of the Red Army and Navy. It was commissioned in 1950. Its capacity was about one hundred thousand spectators.Various football matches were held here. In 2006, the stadium was demolished, and construction began on a new one, which ended in early 2017. The 2018 FIFA World Cup will be held here.
- Dolphinarium is one of the most visited places on Krestovsky Island. You can admire amazingly good and intelligent animals - dolphins, as well as sea lions, walruses and beluga whales. Presentation time - from 40 to 50 minutes. What is included in the program? Jumps and fascinating tricks of sea animals, singing, dancing. Photo and video allowed during the show. After graduation, you can take a picture with animals for a fee. There is a cafe, free internet, a gift shop. For children in the buffet, which is located just before the entrance to the dolphinarium, you can buy cotton candy, ice cream, delicious cocktails and popcorn.
- Trampoline Club Crazy Zebra. Here you are waiting for the most exciting entertainment - jumping on a trampoline, acrobatics, shooting from bows and crossbows. You will be taught the right movements for the skillful management of snowboarding. Under the guidance of an experienced coach, you will jump on professional trampolines.
- Museum attraction "The house is the opposite".You find yourself in an unfamiliar world in which everything, literally, is turned upside down.
Krestovsky Island is an amazing place that you should definitely include in the program of visiting St. Petersburg. Here you can have a wonderful time: have a picnic, ride a bike or roller skate, feed squirrels or other animals, ride catamarans or boats. Every person will find entertainment to their liking. Here you can relax in large companies or walk in the park alone, enjoying the wondrous beauty of the surrounding places.