Who are lawyers and what are the legal professions at the moment
Specialty "Lawyer" is one of the mostpopular both in our country and abroad. The fact is that in a variety of laws and regulations, an ordinary person can not figure out what to do by himself, so you have to use the services of those who know their subtleties. Who are lawyers and what are they doing?
Terminology and several historical facts
When asked who lawyers are, there are many answers. In particular, this word is usually called:
- people who have received appropriate education;
- legal scientists engaged in the study of law;
- practicing in this field of specialists.
It is believed that the first lawyers wereAncient Greek sophists, who for a fee were engaged in the preparation of citizens to speak in court. However, they relied more on logic than on laws, and helped clients present their claim or protect themselves and their property with arguments that could not be denied. But lawyers in modern understanding appeared in ancient Rome. First they gave recommendations and wrote laws concerning religious issues, and later began to engage in earthly affairs.
Today, under the general title of "lawyer" meansall those who are engaged in the implementation of a variety of professional activities in this field. These are judges, investigators, lawyers, legal advisers, notaries, and prosecutors. People of each of these specialties have their responsibilities and field of activity.
Who are international lawyers?
If with judges, prosecutors and lawyers, allmore or less clear, then some specialties are familiar to most people only by hearsay. For example, few know who lawyers are in international law, or rather, what they do. In general, such specialists are needed in government agencies and companies that have clients or carry out commercial or other activities abroad.
Their duties include the development and legalexamination of international treaties, negotiation with foreign partners and contractors, as well as legal support of various transactions. They are responsible for monitoring and analyzing those changes that occur in Russian and foreign laws and are responsible for conducting litigation in international arbitration jurisdictions and foreign competent authorities.
Who are lawyer consultants?
As already mentioned, not everyone can boast ofthorough knowledge of laws and legislative acts, especially as they are constantly subject to changes and additions, which are difficult to follow. In such cases, you may need the services of legal advisers specializing in dealing with issues in a particular field.
On a question, who such lawyers can be heard most often, what is it lawyers.
Today, these specialists helpdivorce proceedings, defend against criminal charges, participate in the consideration of cases of accidents, help citizens or organizations to receive compensation for physical and moral damage caused, etc.
The need for specialists capable ofmake up for remuneration legal acts and court papers, originated in ancient Rome. And even at that time their services were under state control. Today in Russia, a citizen of the Russian Federation who has a higher legal education and who meets certain requirements regarding the length of service and the availability of a relevant license may be appointed to the post of notary. In addition, he must pass a special examination and take an oath.
Unlike lawyers who can engage in private practice, prosecutors, like judges, are in the public service.
In our country, the prosecutor:
- participates in the consideration of civil and criminal cases by courts;
- Protests sentences, rulings and other judicial decisions, as well as acts issued by various bodies and officials, if they contradict the law;
- supervises the implementation of laws;
- initiates proceedings on administrative offenses;
- deals with complaints and appeals of citizens.
This person is constitutionally empowered to administer justice.
The duties of judges include:
- be independent and subject only to the Constitution of the Russian Federation and other legislative acts;
- to avoid any actions that could adversely affect the authority of the judiciary;
- To observe impartiality and not to allow third parties to influence their professional activities, regardless of their positions and personal relationships.
They are prohibited:
- replace other public positions;
- to engage in business or perform any other work, except for scientific, teaching and creative work;
- belong to one or another political party, and also publicly express their attitude towards them;
- receive remuneration for actions related to the exercise of his powers as judges, which are not provided for by the legislation of our country;
- have a different citizenship, except Russian citizenship.
Now you know who lawyers are and what they do, and you can decide if you should choose this profession or you want to do something completely different.